Monday, November 15, 2010

Vegan Mofo-Pumpkin French Toast!

   I sure hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Today I woke up early and decided it was about time I made some pumpkin french toast before November ends. That and I can make good french toast and I really wanted some since my green tea pancakes failed miserably. I did take pictures of my fantastic french toast, but sadly :( I took it without a card in the camera and don't have a plug-thing-a-whatever to plug into the camera and a picture. I do have enough batter left to make one more french toast so I will make that within the next few days and load a picture up. Well i'm going to stop telling you about my lack of photo and onto the recipe!

Pumpkin French Toast
Serves 2, 2 pieces per person
1/2 cup pumpkin
2 tbsp flax meal
around 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2tsp cinnamon(I love cinnamon so I added more even though there is some in the pumpkin pie spice)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
about 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (or enough to thin the pumpkin out)
1 stevia packet, or sweetener to taste
4 pieces of bread


Mix all together in a bowl, minus the bread of course. Dip the bread in the batter and fry in a pan until nicely brown. If the batter is thick you can either spread it onto the bread and fry or add more almond milk or water and that should work fine. Once the bread is done sprinkle some powdered maple syrup on it, or pour maple syrup, or spread almond butter, or eat it plain, or with bananas. I don't care do what you want I just highly don't recommend putting ketchup on it, or you can I just think that sounds nasty. If you do put ketchup on it I won't judge you though....just give you weird stares that's all


Well have a happy Monday or try to and what's your favorite thing to eat with french toast, or kind of french toast, or put on french toast, or anything to do with french toast?


1 comment:

  1. YUM! I love pumpkin and french toast - so this is perfect - I'll top it with some pecans and maple syrup!

    ReplyDelete