Sunday, January 30, 2011

Este Pizzeria

   As I said last post I would be going to Este Pizzeria to celebrate Vegan Pizza Day. I didn't know what exactly to expect from Este since I've never been and haven't heard many reviews from it. All I knew exactly is I lived close by one of the locations and they offered vegan pizza's. As I walked in this place I love it the atmosphere is so modern and just screams fun!
   My dad and I ordered the White Vegan Pizza. The description for it was a pizza with olive oil, vegan cheese(they use diaya), garlic, oregano, tomatoes, and red onions plus we added spinach. We first ordered it to stay, but after having to wait for so long I decided to ask for it to go. That and with the music in the background and other people talking I couldn't understand what my dad was talking to me about.


    The pizza smelled delicious! I was a little hesitant to try it since I hadn't had the mozzarella version of diaya. My dad didn't seem to mind the fake cheese. I was rather shocked by this, but my dad isn't really picky. Although his second slice he put on some actual cheese. As for me I wasn't a fan of it. The taste was fine, but it had this silky texture that I didn't like. By the end of the pizza I couldn't take it and had to take it off.
The crust of the pizza is good it's thin, but it isn't that crispy thin that I really like. It had a nice fluffy texture to it though. 
The topping of the pizza I think there needed to be more, I didn't taste any garlic and had only one bite of the red onions.

Even though I didn't really like the pizza I still want to go back to Este and try one of their vegetarian pizzas and garlic knots. I still think i'll be going to Whole Foods for my pizzas. If your vegan and in Salt Lake that likes daiya I think you should come here. I can't speak for their vegetarian pizzas yet so you'll have to decide for yourself on that decision. Este also delivers as well, but I believe it's only the downtown location.


2021 Windsor St.
801-485-3699
and
156 East 200 South
801-363-2366
(winter hours to April)
Mon-Thur
11:30am-9pm
Fri-Sat
11:30am-10pm
Sun
4 pm- 9pm
(Summer hours)
Mon-Thur
11:30 pm - 10 pm
Fri-Sat
11:30 am- Midnight
Sun
4pm-9pm

1 comment:

  1. That looks like heaven to me! Shame you weren't into the daiya. I've never tried white pizza, I'll have to make one soon.

    ReplyDelete