First off let me just say i'm uber sorry at how late this post is. I have had a headache all day and haven't really been up to making much food. So for dinner I just simply sent my loving father into the kitchen and make a simple sweet potato hash.
Sweet Potato Hash
1 large sweet potato
olive oil, for frying
Shred the sweet potato and place into a large skillet.
Then cook on medium heat until, well cooked the way you like it. (It might be around 15 minutes?)
*note: if you don't want them crispy I suggest steaming them for a couple of minutes
There that's it simple as can be write?
Unto the survey since I Eat Trees did this survey and I stumbled upon it as well I thought I should do it to. :)
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Almond Breeze unsweetened original or unsweetened vanilla
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Green tea pancakes, oatmeal dried blueberry cookies, Manifest Vegan's Pumpkin Alfredo
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
I usually just eat popcorn plain, how boring huh?
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
uhm...recently probably pumpkin soup, it tasted nothing like pumpkin and just like sweet onion.
5. Favorite pickled item?
I like pretty much anything pickled. No favorites here.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
In a folder on my computer.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Sweet potato fries, Udi's vanilla almond granola(it has honey, sorry strict vegans), and falafels
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Hmmmmm....sadly I can't say I have a one. I can't remember to much about my childhood. Maybe going to my grandparent's(on my dad's side) house for brunch on christmas or going to my other grandparents house for christmas eve? not sure.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
I don't eat ice cream so I can't say I've even tried one.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
That's tough. I can't say I have one they're all of equal importance some way or another.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Cumin, hummus just isn't the same without it! Cinnamon is a good one as well.
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Vegan Yum Yum
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Raspberry, but it has to be whole food 365 brand. I could literally eat that stuff out of the jar.
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
hmmmm...vegan french toast I think or falafels!
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tofu. Sadly to admit this I haven't tried seitan or tempeh
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Either dinner of breakfast. I could eat breakfast food any time of day, but with dinner I can take more time to make while breakfast I usually want my food then and there. heh.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Dog biscuits, a stuffed animal duck, and some herb crackers.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Frozen blueberries, edamame, and frozen bananas
20. What’s on your grocery list?
more frozen blueberries, they ran out at Whole Foods so I have to go back and get some since they're on sale. Other then that nothing because I just went an hour ago.
21. Favorite grocery store?
Whole Foods. I can spend hours on end in that store and never be bored.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
my aunt's zucchini bread recipe
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Do I have to pick a favorite I check so many. Maybe Fat Free Vegan Kitchen. I don't know it's to hard to pick a favorite.
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Sour Patch Kids. no Red Vines, those are vegan right? because everything I found said they are.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
A young coconut.....I cut it open and i'm so clueless as to what to do with it, anyone have any ideas?
Also I was thinking about how much I love hummus and I had some butternut squash ravioli's last night. I would like to see if someone could make hummus ravioli's and see how it turns out.