Sunday, February 6, 2011

Baked Flax Meal Sweet Potato Fries

      I know during sometime of mofo I mentioned how much I love sweet potato. I literally eat Sweet Potatoes 5 out of 7 days a week. It's kind of crazy how I never get sick of them. I usually eat them in the form of baked sweet potato fries because that's usually healthy, easiest and fastest. I've seen some recipes for baked "fries" of people coating them in nut butters or potato starch. So I got the idea to coat them in flax meal. You'd get that nice nutty-ness and also a crunch.

(I have terrible lighting in my kitchen at night so the pictures more orange then it should be. Also forgot to take a picture after the fries were baked I'll add one later most likely)

Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Flax Meal

 1 large sweet potato
1/4 cup flax meal
coconut oil(other oils will do I just prefer coconut), enough to coat pan and fries

Preheat oven to 415 degrees. 

Cut your sweet potato into fry like shapes. Then throw the sweet potato in a bowl and coat with oil. Pour your flax meal onto the fries making sure they are coated evenly. Oil your pan then toss the fries onto the pan.

Bake for 10-15 minutes on one side. Then flip the fries and bake for 8-12 minutes on the other or until they're done.


I love the flax meal on these fries I think it brings out a sweetness and gives a nice crunch. I like to either eat these plain or with some mustard. If your a sweet potato and ketchup person then go ahead and just don't look at me giving you a odd look because ketchup is just weird on sweet potato(in my opinion). 

Now go enjoy some healthy baked sweet potato fries!

1 comment:

  1. i like making baked sweet potato fries, but they are never as crunchy as the fried ones i've had in restaurants. so i'm excited to give your flax coating a try for some added crunchiness!

    oh, and i don't think ketchup belongs with sweet potato, either :)

    ReplyDelete